Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady

-by Edith Holden

Country Diary was originally published in 1906. Is it any wonder that reading this book makes me feel like I'm stepping back in time? One flip of a page and I'm instantly in Edwardian accouterment, sitting in a beautiful field atop a quilt on a breezy summer day, with my pen and journal in hand.

Elegant and absolutely beautiful, this book is a visual banquet that I will continue to enjoy whenever I open its pages! Its amazingly detailed drawings and paintings of nature are coupled with the author's notes and poetry of the time.

It has encouraged me to dig out my own art journal now and then, even when I "think" I have nothing worthy to write about or draw. Sometimes it's the little things that mean the most, and the journey - not the destination - that counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment